In 2022, the ADG, ACS and WIFT Australia joined forces to run a webinar in Solidarity with Ukrainian Filmmakers.
Here is a recording of the webinar.
UKRAINE SOLIDARITY WEBINAR.mp4 on Vimeo
Please watch and follow the many ways you can support Ukrainian filmmakers listed below.
Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/786679627
Ways to support Ukrainian Filmmakers:
Hire and work with Ukrainian filmmakers. Many filmmakers are still open for business despite the war.
Ask Ukrainians to pitch for your projects.
Post jobs in the Filmmakers for Ukraine Facebook page.
Seek co-production with Ukraine filmmakers and production companies
Support Ukrainian filmmakers – seek them, follow their work and socials, share them.
- Ukrainian Female Film Industry
- Babylon 13 is an independent collective of Ukrainian filmmakers
- Docu Days UA providing Ukrainian filmmakers with the most necessary filming equipment so they can continue filming and working
- Organise residencies for Ukrainian writers so they can work in calm and safe places.
- Create a special fund for Ukrainian filmmakers who are currently serving in the army so they are supported upon return.
Watch Ukrainian films
Program and support film screenings of Ukrainian films at festivals to ensure that Ukrainian filmmakers voices are not forgotten.
Donate and share
Follow the panelists
Talk to other people about this webinar – it is recorded and is available to share.
- Mitya Shmurak is a Ukrainian director working on commercials, music videos, TV and film. He directed Ed Sheeran and Antytila’s 2Step music video about the war. He is the owner of Manifest Production and Motanka Animation Studios.
- Nikita Kuzmenko is a Ukrainian cinematographer. He was the DOP on Harry Styles 'As it Was' music video. He works closely with director Tara Muino creating music videos for some of the world’s top artists.
- Elizaweta Mowshyna is a Ukrainian producer in peacetime, but is now co-owner of PORYAD a charity project in the Ukraine.
- Kyryl Staselovych is a Ukrainian director and editor of advertising and travel shows. Before the war he edited the popular reality show “Heads and Tails”. He is now working on a documentary about the war.
- Alice Ronkovich is a Ukrainian photographer and emerging cinematographer who moved to Melbourne after the first month of the war.
- Karina Rezhevska is a Ukrainian sound designer and foley expert currently based in South Australia