For the second year running the Australian Directors' Guild, in partnership with SPA and the Screen Forever Conference, is inviting applications from directors to attend a special program as part of the 2019 Screen Forever Conference. Supported by Create NSW, Film Victoria, Screenwest and South Australian Film Corporation - the special program (as outline below) will also include the opportunity to work with the SPA “Ones to Watch” producers who will also be doing a similar program.
As well as having access to all the normal Screen Forever functions, forums, workshops and talks, the special program will be provided for the selected directors. This includes the following:
The ADG will select up to 20 directors to attend the conference.
- First access to 'READY, STEADY PITCH' round tables;
- Special networking events;
- A round table in SPA Connect;
- Various public session and an exclusive session with the SPA “One to Watch”;
- Plus access to all the session at the conference as well as social functions.
Cost - The ADG will not be subsidising any costs associated with attending the conference for the selected directors, however the ADG has secured some support from local state funding agencies.
- You must be an Australian resident.
- You must be able to travel to Melbourne (VIC) for the three-day program, 12 - 14 November 2019 and make your own travel arrangements, including accommodation. Accommodation options will be provided should your application is successful.
- Funding may be available to assist you through your state agency. The ADG will advise you if support is available for you, should you are successful in your application. If no support is available from your state agency, you will have to cover the cost of attendance yourself which will involve a fee of $835 (Screenforever conference entry fee) plus travel and accommodation in Melbourne.
- You are required to provide your current directorial CV
- You must be able to provide the ADG with links (minimum two projects) of your past works as part of your application
Attention: Non ADG Members - You will need to pay application fee of $50 (free for ADG Current Members) to finalise your application, by calling the ADG Office (phone credit card payment). Payment must be made by Monday, 21 October (5pm) at the very latest.
To apply for one of the places, you will need to meet the criteria and supply the ADG with a plan, CV and information as requested in the application form.
Applications will open soon.
Please contact the ADG office for further information - T: 02 9555 7045 or E: email@example.com