Three new awards categories have been added to the event. From this year, the feature film awards will be separated into two: Best Direction in a Feature Film (Budget $1M or over) and Best Direction in a Feature Film (Budget under $1M). The other new awards are Best Direction in a Commercial Advertisement and Best Direction in an Interactive or Immersive Title.
The ADG Awards recognise excellence in the craft and art of directing, as well as recognising individual contributions by Australian screen directors to the screen industy. The Awards are the only opportunity for Australian directors and their works to be acknowledged by their directing peers. The Awards cover the breadth of screen directing, with categories across feature film, documentary, television, Subscription Video on Demand, commercial, short film, animation, online, music video and interactive media.
To be eligible for the Awards, all work must have screened publically for the first time between 1 July 2017 and 31 December 2018, except for student films where the project needs only to have been completed within these dates.
Award applicants must be financial ADG members. Membership details available here.
Awards Submissions: https://adg.org.au/competitions/2019-adg-awards-submission The 19 categories in the 2019 ADG Awards are:
1) Best Direction in a Feature Film (Budget $1M or over)
2) Best Direction in a Feature Film (Budget under $1M)
3) Best Direction in a Short Film
4) Best Direction in a Student Film
5) Best Direction in a Documentary Feature
6) Best Direction in a Documentary Series
7) Best Direction in a Documentary Short Subject
8) Best Direction in a Children's TV or SVOD Drama Program episode
9) Best Direction in a TV or SVOD Drama Series episode
10) Best Direction in a TV or SVOD Drama Serial episode
11) Best Direction in a Telefeature or a Mini Series for TV or SVOD
12) Best Direction in a TV or SVOD Comedy Program episode
13) Best Direction in an Online Drama Series
14) Best Direction in an Online Comedy Series
15) Best Direction in an Animation Project
16) Best Direction in Commercial Content
17) Best Direction in a Commercial Advertisement
18) Best Direction in a Music Video
19) Best Direction in an Interactive or Immersive Title
* SVOD = Subscription Video on Demand
For any submission queries or to find out the special conditions for each category, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TM Publicity – Jillian Heggie Ph: 02 8333 9070