The ADG membership includes directors of feature film, television, documentary, animation, commercials, music videos, shorts, light entertainment, reality and all digital media.When you're a member of the ADG, you'll be able to log in using your email and a password you have chosen. You'll be able to update your contact information, log in details and access members only resources.
- Information, access and professional advice about industrial issues
- Regular promotions and giveaways in our eNEWS, Facebook page and Screen Director e-zine
- Access to ADG Recommended Directors Feature Film Agreement
- Access to IR resources including Rate Cards and Codes of Practice
- Eligibility to enter the annual ADG Awards
- Networking opportunities
- Connections with international directors guilds
- Discounts on all ADG organized events
- Discounts at film industry business and industry events, selected cinemas, theatres, bookshops etc
- Waiving of the 10% ASDACS (Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collecting Society) membership fee on collection of royaltiesFor Full Members Only:
- Voting rights at annual AGM (Annual General Meeting) and eligibility to nominate for the ADG board
- Access to industrial and legal advice for individual directors (1 hour free legal advice and if needed continuing legal advice from a qualified entertainment lawyer)
- Right to participate on policy sub-committeesA full list of ADG membership benefits can be downloaded here.
Full Membership is open to any screen director with a minimum of twenty minutes of credited screen time , in any medium. In the case of directors of music clips, advertising, animation, or any other medium where each work is of short duration, ADG takes a flexible attitude to the screen time requirement. Applicants must enclose a resume listing their credits and the contact details of an industry professional to act as referee for the ADG Board.
Associate Membership is open to all industry professionals working in any area of film and television production and those sympathetic to the aims and objectives of ADG. Associate membership is also open to emerging filmmakers who have not yet acquired their twenty-minute screen time required to join as a Full Member. Associates are eligible for all membership benefits, except industrial and legal advice, participation on policy subcommittees and voting rights.
Student Membership is only available to full time students. Applicants must enclose a photocopy of their current student identification card.
All members pay two fees – a one-off joining fee and an annual membership fee.
Annual membership fees are determined by income bracket and state of residence.
|NSW / VIC||Other States + Overseas|
|Income $50,000 - $69,999||$550.00||$420.00|
|Income $25,000 - $49,999||$420.00||$310.00|
|Income less than $25,000||$310.00||$240.00|
|Annual membership fee||$185.00||$185.00|
|No joining fee||-||-|
|Annual membership fee||$100.00||$100.00|
The ADG Production Levy is a legitimate budget item, and is eligible for QAPE under the Producer Offset. The levy is inclusive in the standard A-Z Screen Australia budget as SPA / ADG levy as a separate item under the finance/marketing section.
Benefits for Directors
- Complimentary membership for the year the levy is received
- Complimentary entry into ADG Awards (all eligible categories)
- Promotion of production and screenings in ADG eNEWS
- Featured Production report in eNEWS
ADG Production Levy
0.25% of production budget exclusive of indirect costs (Finance, Insurance, Legals, brokerage, marketing) payable on first day of principal photography. Legitimate expense listed in Screen Australia A-Z budget form is eligible for QAPE under the Producer Offset.